Our new Helen McArdle Wing was opened at the beginning of November 2018. It features six inpatient unit beds with their own private balconies and en-suite facilities, a spa bathroom, and a community café which is open to the public Monday to Friday 10.30 a.m. – 2.30 p.m.
These new, world-class facilities offer symptom management, respite care, and end-of-life care to those with a life-limiting illness living in Derwentside.
We would like to thank Helen McArdle for her incredible donation which made this possible, as well as the following major contributors who funded furniture, equipment and the remodelling of our Sir Tom Cowie Health and Wellbeing Centre:
- The Morrisons Foundation
- The Catherine Cookson Charitable Trust
- The Mark Benevolent Fund
- The ACT Foundation
- Gentoo Homes
- The Trusthouse Charitable Foundation
- The Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust
- Cllrs Considine and Johnson, Durham AAP Neighbourhood Budget
- The Hospital Saturday Fund