Interested in gardening? Could you share your skills to help your local Hospice to flourish?
Join our wonderful team of Gardening Volunteers and make a difference today.
We are looking for Gardening Volunteers to join an established team to maintain the outdoor areas and to create an attractive, welcoming exterior in keeping with the high standards of the Willow Burn Hospice.
Location: Willow Burn Hospice, Lanchester
Hours and Times: Opportunities available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Sign in and out in main building before and on completion of work
- Attend moving and handling and health and safety training, including annual reviews and updates
- Maintain and keep tidy the grassed areas
- Develop and maintain flower beds, remembrance garden
- Keep gardening equipment in good repair
- Have an awareness of those using the facilities and keep disruption to a minimum
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and their families at all times as per the volunteer confidentiality policy
Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Interest and knowledge of basic gardening skills
- Awareness of health and safety issues in the outdoors and in the use of gardening equipment
- Self awareness and able to use initiative
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Tact & diplomacy in dealing with a variety of situations