Role: Trustee (Pharmacist Specialty)
Derwentside Hospice Care Foundation – or Willow Burn Hospice as we are known locally is currently seeking a new trustee to join our board of trustees. We are an independent charity delivering palliative and end of life care services to adults across Derwentside and County Durham.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
We are particularly interested to meet with people who have the following experience and is able to:
- Prescriber who can provide transcribing training is desirable
- Pharmacist with a good working knowledge or interest in Palliative and End of Life management.
- Deliver annual safe handling of medicines/medicines management training 2-3 hour session to include topical/relevant/current updates in palliative/End of life care and drug calculations.
- Complete an annual independent audit of the drug management and report. Review and support medicines policy reviews.
- Directly contactable to provide advice for staff
- Undertake the responsibility of the Control Drugs Accountable Officer role.
Duration: We are seeking someone to serve for a three year term, to March 2024
Trustee Role Description: Download
Willow Burn Values: Download
For further information about this role, please contact: Kirsty Crozier, CEO – email@example.com / 01207 529 224
Alternatively, please send your CV for the attention of Kirsty Crozier, CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org / 01207 529 224
Closing Date: 26 March 2021
We reserve the right to close the applications early if we receive a high volume.