Role: Trustee (HR Specialty)
Derwentside Hospice Care Foundation – or Willow Burn Hospice as we are known locally is currently seeking a new trustee to join our board of trustees. We are an independent charity delivering palliative and end of life care services to adults across Derwentside and County Durham.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Assessing risks and measuring the impact of HR interventions in light of changing legal requirements and best practice.
- To review and recommend current and future strategic resourcing, training and development and annual budgets and plans to the trustee board.
- To actively contribute to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
- To ensure that HR activities and interventions are linked to the company’s charitable objectives and complement the company culture.
- To ensure the Trustee Board monitors and reviews the performance of the company’s Chief Executive, rewards performance accordingly and identifies appropriate development opportunities.
- To monitor the financial position of the charity and its operations within its means and objects, making sure that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management.
- To monitor whether the service complies with its governing document and standards and if the needs of the beneficiaries are being met.
Duration: We are seeking someone to serve for a three year term, to March 2024
Trustee Role Description: Download
Willow Burn Values: Download
For further information about this role, please contact: Kirsty Crozier, CEO – email@example.com / 01207 529 224
Alternatively, please send your CV for the attention of Kirsty Crozier, CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org / 01207 529 224
Closing Date: 3 May 2021
We reserve the right to close the applications early if we receive a high volume.