Role: Retail Assistants
Hours and Times: Minimum of four hours. Days needed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Team Leader: Chester-le-Street Shop Manager
To provide support in our shops for a couple of hours a week.
- Serving customers, sorting stock, cash handling and steaming clothes.
- This is a great way to meet new people and get to know our community whilst supporting Willow Burn Hospice.
- If you have a few hours to spare please apply via the form below
Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tact & diplomacy in dealing with a variety of situations
- Self-awareness and able to use initiative
- Caring and compassionate approach
- Good understanding of equality and diversity
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering comes with a number of benefits:
- Gain confidence
- Make a difference
- Meet people
- Be part of a community
- Learn new skills
- Take on a challenge
- Have fun
Throughout the year, Willow Burn also offers volunteers a number of benefits to say thank you for your dedication and to offer you the opportunity to steer your volunteer journey:
- A monthly volunteer bulletin
- A quarterly Willow Burn Newsletter
- A yearly volunteer survey
- Two annual celebration events
- 10% off in the Willows Café for all volunteers with your ID
- The Volunteer Training Passport
For further information about this role please contact Rachel Todd, Marketing Communications Manager, T: 01207 529 224 or E:firstname.lastname@example.org