Role: Retail Duty Volunteer
Hours and Times: Two days per week. The shop is open Monday – Saturday
To support the Retail Supervisor in the day to day operations, consistency of standards and service provided to our donators and customers. To be able to provide duty cover in the absence and provide leadership to the team of volunteers.
- Attend moving and handling and Health and Safety training, including annual reviews and updates.
- Undertake initial training completing the Duty Volunteer workbook and to keep training up to date in the future.
- Providing support to the Retail Supervisor in the day to day operations of the shop and to support the implementation of change to policies and procedures.
- Carry out all Health and Safety checks in the shop whilst on duty, and to complete any supporting paperwork.
- To communicate any accidents, incidents or near misses.
- To report any Health and Safety, operational or security issues.
- Ensure that all cash and stock is handled safely.
- To provide Duty cover in the Retail Supervisors absence.
- To support other volunteers with training and guidance.
- Carry out all paperwork and operational procedures to ensure consistent standards and service is provided to Customers, Volunteers and other Willow Burn colleagues.
- To respect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and customers at all times as per the volunteer confidentiality policy.
- Ensure effective communication with all departments to ensure the needs of all patients and customers are the priority at all times.
Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Good sense of humour
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tact & diplomacy in dealing with a variety of situations
- Self-awareness and able to use initiative
- Caring and compassionate approach
- Good understanding of equality and diversity
- Ability to carry out safe manual handling
- To be Health and Safety conscious
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Organisational skill
- Would you like to join our team?