Have you ever wanted to…
Meet new people? Gain retail experience?
Help out a local hospice? Raise vital funds?
Volunteer in our shop in Chester-le-Street shop and you can achieve all of that in just two days!
We are looking for Retail Duty Volunteers to join the team for two days a week, to support the Manager with the day-to-day operation of the shop and to help maximise income to fund our vital end of life services.
Role: Retail Duty Volunteer
Hours and Times: Two days per week. The shop is open Monday – Saturday
Team Leader: Chester-le-Street Shop Manager
To support the Retail Supervisor in the day to day operations, consistency of standards and service provided to our donators and customers. To be able to provide duty cover in the absence and provide leadership to the team of volunteers.
- Attend moving and handling and Health and Safety training, including annual reviews and updates.
- Undertake initial training completing the Duty Volunteer workbook and to keep training up to date in the future.
- Providing support to the Retail Supervisor in the day to day operations of the shop and to support the implementation of change to policies and procedures.
- Carry out all Health and Safety checks in the shop whilst on duty, and to complete any supporting paperwork.
- To communicate any accidents, incidents or near misses.
- To report any Health and Safety, operational or security issues.
- Ensure that all cash and stock is handled safely.
- To provide Duty cover in the Retail Supervisors absence.
- To support other volunteers with training and guidance.
- Carry out all paperwork and operational procedures to ensure consistent standards and service is provided to Customers, Volunteers and other Willow Burn colleagues.
- To respect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and customers at all times as per the volunteer confidentiality policy.
- Ensure effective communication with all departments to ensure the needs of all patients and customers are the priority at all times.
Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Good sense of humour
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of situations
- Self-awareness and able to use initiative
- Caring and compassionate approach
- Good understanding of equality and diversity
- Ability to carry out safe manual handling
- To be Health and Safety conscious
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Organisational skill
- Would you like to join our team?
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering comes with a number of benefits:
- Gain confidence
- Make a difference
- Meet people
- Be part of a community
- Learn new skills
- Take on a challenge
- Have fun
Throughout the year, Willow Burn also offers volunteers a number of benefits to say thank you for your dedication and to offer you the opportunity to steer your volunteer journey:
- A monthly volunteer bulletin
- A quarterly Willow Burn Newsletter
- A yearly volunteer survey
- Two annual celebration events
- 10% off in the Willows Café for all volunteers with your ID
- The Volunteer Training Passport
For further information about this role please contact Rachel Todd, Marketing Communications Manager, T: 01207 529 224 or E:firstname.lastname@example.org