Role: Events and Fundraising Volunteer
Location: Various locations across Derwentside (event dependent)
Hours and Times: Flexible
To support the fundraising team and other volunteers in the smooth-delivery of hospice led events. To assist in a variety of activities to increase or support the income taken at events.
- To communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, event guests and stakeholders ensuring the best possible experience for the attendees.
- To use initiative and be proactive in supporting the event team, alongside following direct instruction from Event Leader.
- To encourage a comfortable atmosphere with a confident, friendly demeanour.
- Specific tasks will vary from event to event, however general duties may include: receiving guests and registering their arrival, running fundraising stalls such as selling raffle tickets or hosting a tombola (if you are not confident handling cash, please speak to the Event Leader prior), room dressing, distributing posters, handling donations and refreshments etc.
- To maintain appropriate confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure effective communication with all departments to ensure the needs of the organisation are the priority at all times
- To act as an ambassador for Willow Burn within the local community and reflect the organisation in a positive light at all times
Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Current clean driver’s license and motor insurance (preferable, though not essential).
- Good communication skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tact & diplomacy in dealing with a variety of situations
- Self-awareness and able to use initiative
- Caring and compassionate approach
- Good understanding of equality and diversity