Location: Willow Burn Hospice, Lanchester
Salary: £9 – £9.20 p/h
Hours and Times: 20 – 25 hours per week plus holiday cover where applicable
Responsible to: Cafe Co-Ordinator
The Willows Café is the community café based at Willow Burn Hospice and we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced cook to work with our Café Co-Ordinator and team of volunteers to develop it as a sustainable income stream.
The Job Role
- Ensure the Café opens for the advertised hours and is run efficiently, safely and securely
- Ensure a high level of customer service and food and drink standards
- Prepare patient meals in accordance with requirements and menus
- Manage, train and support our team of cafe volunteers
- Ensure our Environmental Health practice and procedures are kept to a high standard
You can download the full job description at: Cook
Requirements of the post holder:
- Experience as a cook and of working in a café
- Excellent cooking skills
- Ability to drive the commercial viability of the café
- An interest in and passion for community work
- A passion for good food and drink and excellent customer experience.
- A friendly, supportive and approachable personality, with the ability to make people (volunteers and customers) feel valued and appreciated.
- Good understanding of kitchens, food hygiene and cooking.
- Ability to work with, train and support people of varying abilities and backgrounds.
- Ability to manage well under pressure and juggle multiple tasks calmly and safely.
- Ability to respond quickly to issues and to resolve problems.
- Experience of coordinating projects and teams.
- Good communication, numerical and time management skills.
- Keen to develop themselves and learn new skills in order to fulfill the role.
- Ability to follow instructions in order to ensure a safe, secure and enjoyable working environment and an excellent customer experience.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in advanced food hygiene processes.
- Experience of working in catering/commercial events
- Experience of supporting, training and managing people.
- Experience of supporting, training and managing volunteers.
- Flexibility and an interest in developing in the role and taking on further hours and responsibility to suit the businesses needs.
- Understanding of hospices and the environment in which they operated
- Knowledge of working with different types of food preparation (eg puree, high protein)
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 18 September 2020 at midday
Interviews: WB 21 September 2020
For further information about this role please contact Rachel Todd T: 01207 529 224