Are you stuck for ideas about how you can still make Mother’s Day special in the current climate. Here are a couple of things you could do to show your mum how much she means to you.
1. Drop some shopping, a gift or card on your mum’s doorstep for when she wakes up tomorrow morning.
2. Take some time to write your mum a letter or get your children to draw some pictures of you all together.
3. Put together a pack of all of your mum’s favourite things to help her to get through self-isolation and leave outside her house.
4. Treat your mum to a gift voucher for her favourite restaurant or spa. Did you know Willow Burn are currently selling vouchers for The Willows Café? Find out more
5. If you live with your mum, make her favourite meal, set the table as if you’re in a restaurant.
6. Use the technology we have at our fingertips and Skype or FaceTime your mum. Get your children involved – they could even sing to her or put on a little performance.
7. There are lots of apps now which mean we can play games like Scrabble and Words With Friends through our phones.
8. If you are able, why not pop round to your mum’s and plant something nice in her garden for her to look at whilst she’s indoors.
However you choose to mark the special lady in your life, stay safe and well.