It’s the dream of couples in love everywhere to be able to hold their perfect wedding; celebrating their union to each other with their nearest and dearest. But what happens if the occasion of their dreams is out of their reach? Our 4 lucky couples are now in with the chance of winning this amazing package!
We have come together with exclusive suppliers for the second year running to offer an unbelievable wedding package worth more than £12,000. With generous support from Derwent Manor Hotel in Consett the winning couple can host their own unique wedding in March next year. The prize also includes flowers, cakes, cars, stationery, favours, suits and money towards a stunning gown and much, much more. Win Your Happily Ever After is an outstanding package and is sure to be much sought after.
Nick Price, Operations Manager at Derwent Manor Hotel said; “[we are] extremely excited to support Willow Burn Hospice in their fantastic competition for a very worthwhile cause. We are delighted to help our local community and as we are a beautiful venue, set in 20 acres of Northumberland countryside overlooking the Derwent Valley, we are very proud to show the lucky competition winners how lucky they really are!”.
Sara Kitchener of Sara’s Kitchen is supplying either a 3-tier wedding cake or full dessert bar to the prize said; “I’m a strong believer in ‘paying it forward’ and I have been lucky enough to know a special lady who benefits from the work of Willow Burn. She helped me in the past, is a fantastic woman and I know the work of the hospice is very special – this is my way of ‘paying it forward’ and I’m really excited to be part of the competition”.
Claire Chapman of The Glamorous Owl in Newcastle is donating a ring making workshop for the bride and groom as well as gifts for the Maid of Honour and Best Man and said; “There’s not many people now who haven’t been touched by cancer [or palliative conditions] and having worked as a nurse previously and held a ring making workshop for visitors to Willow Burn’s Day Hospice; I understand the need to continue their work – that’s why I’m taking part!”.
Win Your Happily Ever After from Willow Burn is a truly unique opportunity to win more than just a venue, dress and flowers – this competition gives the lucky couple everything down to favours and a party experience from cocktail master Dan Bowes aka ‘Mr Mixologist’; and bespoke stationery from Janette and Charlotte Noble from Silver Birch Designs. Dan said; “in nearly 3 years in business as Mr Mixologist I’m really excited to be supporting a competition like this – it’s a lot of fun and helps a great local cause!”. Janette from Silver Birch agrees and said; “I’ve got a personal awareness of Willow Burn and hospice in general with links in my family but that’s why I know their work is so important and we’re thrilled to be part of the competition!”.
Part of the big day for any blushing bride is looking and feeling great and personal trainer Victoria McFaull has generously donated 5 PT sessions to help her feel fabulous in her dress and photos. Victoria said; “I’m originally from Moorside so I know Willow Burn as my ‘home charity’. I’ve worked with lots of different clients but weddings are a big thing to lots of people”.
Neal of Classic Wedding Cars has offered use of any car from his extensive catalogue of stunning vintage vehicles for the special day in March. He said; “I’m happy to help with anything at all – we’ll even supply ribbons, flowers and bubbly for the passengers too!” Classic Wedding Cars have vehicles to suit all engaged couples styles – so we’ll be excited to see what the winners choose!
Our 4 finalists have now been announced and are currently fundraising to be in with the chance to win this amazing package! Keep your eyes peeled for updates on their progress.
Huge thank you to our amazing suppliers who have helped to make this possible:
- A day and evening wedding package for 50 guests at the Derwent Manor, including drinks and canapes, 3 course wedding breakfast, DJ and evening buffet and an overnight stay for the lucky couple too.
- £500 to spend in store at Blue Bow Bridal, Durham
- Bridesmaid dress from Lanchester Bridal
- 3 tier wedding cake, or full dessert bar from Sara’s Kitchen
- Wedding stationery for 50 guests from Silver Birch
- Chair covers and sashes from Kitty Beth
- Wedding photography package or pre-wedding shoot from Sarah Thew Photography
- 5 floral table centrepieces from The Enchanted Florist
- 2 suits from Troughear Suit Hire, Durham
- A ring making experience for the Bride and Groom and personal keepsake workshop for Maid of Honour and Best Man from The Glamorous Owl, Newcastle
- First dance lessons and choreography from Lorraine Murray
- Floral wedding package including bouquets and button holes from Cindy’s Flowers
- Wedding car hire from Elddis (Bentley car)
- Wedding car of choice from Classic Wedding Cars, Durham
- Candy cart for 50 people, 4ft LOVE letter sign, starlit backdrop and top table cover skirt from Diamond and Lace Events
- Bridal makeup from House of Exquisiteness
- Bridal hair from Planet Hair
- Bronze cocktail experience for 8 people and 20% off wedding favours from Mr Mixologist
- 2 hour photobooth hire from Occasional Events
- 5 x1hour personal training sessions and nutritional guidance for the Bride from Victoria McFaull Personal Trainer.